This was my lunch at work recently: massaman curry with rice plus bakery sourdough bread and a black bean brownie. Every lunch should have dessert, right?
Massaman curry is my favorite thing to order at Thai restaurants because I love potatoes and peanuts!
It’s healthier and still convenient to make it at home. This is the first meal I made using the latest curry paste in my refrigerator.
If you want to make this you’ll want to have:
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 3 – 5 potatoes, cubed or chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 3 Tablespoons peanuts
- Bouillon, to taste
- Curry paste, to taste (start with 3 Tablespoons if using homemade)
- Heat oil in large pot or pan
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and cook only until fragrant
- Add potatoes and carrots, stir
- Immediately add curry paste and coat everything in pan
- Toss in chickpeas
- Add water to meet the top of the contents of pan, not too much
- Add bouillon
- Simmer until potatoes are tender
- Add in peanuts
Enjoy with rice if you prefer!
Peace and love,