This dinner was divine! It could be made vegan so easily, just leave off the mayonnaise, or substitute vegenaise. I personally love vegenaise, but I prefer to make my own mayonnaise, and it’s package-free.
- Bake sweet potatoes at 375 F for as long as they need to be fork tender. Perhaps an hour for large, thick potatoes.
- Cook about 2 cups of lentils in water and drain when done.
- Sauté a couple shallots or half an onion in oil, then add a few cloves of garlic, and a bell pepper.
- Add spices of your choosing here: chili powder, paprika, cumin.
- Add some tomatoes – I used up my last can of diced, fire roasted tomatoes. I think anything tomato would work here as long as it has some liquid.
- Toss in cooked lentils and simmer for a few minutes.
Mash up the cooked sweet potato and top with the cooked lentil mix. Add avocado and mayonnaise if you please!
Peace and love,